Tumbleweed Ranch is a 3rd generation family farm and ranch. We are located just south of Montana’s Hi-Line, between Conrad and Shelby. We raise top quality Angus-cross cattle and produce a tremendous hay crop each year.
Tumbleweed Ranch is:
- Jeff & Lindsey Habets, son Hayden and daughter Hadley
- Ernie & Shirley Habets (Jeff’s parents)
- Indy (Red Heeler, the Queen Bee, all guests must check in with Indy first.)
- Dutch (Heeler, “the Quiet One”, takes her job very seriously, Whistle Blower/Alert Giver – should anything be out of the ordinary or vehicle on the road, we will know. May nip at UPS man.)
- Dalton (Heeler/House Dog, Head Taste-Tester and Scrap-Eater, 80 pound lap dog, Greets/Smiles with all teeth.)
- A bunch of bossy fat cats that trophy hunt for sport
Hay & Straw Production
A good percentage of our hay crop is forward contracted each year with long-time valued customers. We do still usually have a large amount of hay for sale though.
We raise alfalfa and alfalfa grass mix. We bale in large rounds and are firm believers in allowing our hay to dry down completely. We bale on the dew because we feel that this minimizes spoilage and ensures leaf retention.
We have a conventional combine, which ensures we are able to produce quality barley straw. This also is baled in large round bales.
Feel free to contact us at any time about your hay or straw needs.